In this article, we’ll go through the many sorts of saxophones, starting with the ones that you’re most likely already familiar with and progressing to some of the more odd instruments available on the market today.
Also included are some of the most famous musicians who have performed on each of these instruments, as well as some recommendations for places where you may hear each of the many members of the saxophone family in action.
- Soprano saxophone (highest pitched)
- Alto saxophone (most common beginner instrument)
- Tenor Saxophone (common choice, especially in jazz music)
- Baritone saxophone (lowest pitch)
- 14 Instruments Used in Country Music - July 9, 2022
- Full School Band Instruments List (Elementary / Middle / High) - February 2, 2022
- 10 Extraordinary Musical Instruments From Around The World - February 2, 2022